Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spreading too thin...

I often find myself unsatisfied. Not in the depressing kind of way, but just always wanting more
than what I have. I'm definitely lucky for the things I have, but when you start comparing yourself
to others, things start to get out of hand. My point is I want MORE.

This isn't a new desire, but rather a lifelong issue I have always been cursed with. Whenever I see something that I find cool or interesting I want to emulate the hell out it which usually turns out some hilarious results.

Examples examples..

ONE. Cartoons were my life growing up, ninja turtles, mainly, some spider-man and others. I really got into claymation with Wallace and Gromit. I loved the idea of stop motion animation. I had a real piece of crap camera, something like this:
It didn't have the ability to take a still image so I would press play then stop immediately. I would do this over and over again to make my claymation videos. The problem was back then there was no access to video editing software for kids. So how did I add sound? I would get in my split second sound effect. Usually a grunt or yell. It made for a very schizo video. Maybe in a later post I'll share that embarrassment.

TWO. I loved and still love punk rock music. Since my sister introduced me to Theo Huxtables and the DDT's, The Offspring, Nirvana up to my realization of Alkaline Trio, Green Day and of course Blink (don't laugh you know you love them too) I wanted to scream like Skiba, thrash the guitar like Noodles and (ya) sing like Delonge. So much so that in my early years of college I wrote some music to the dismay of my neighbors.






THREE. I wanted to be a director. This was a lead in from my days of claymation. I frequently
asked my cousins to star in my pointless movies just for the sake of making the movie. I didn't care if the plot didn't make any sense as long as it was fun to do it. Some of them:
            - Asystole - a murder occurs, but who did it?
            - Persian Hip Grandma - nothing more needs to be said here
            - Hollow-woman - Basically Hollow-man without the male anatomy.

        This is by far the most static passion I have. I still make documentaries of my trips and enjoy editing.

Four.  Artist

Five.  Chef

.....the list goes on and on. These aren't some hobbies like some might think. I become obsessed. I start dreaming what if situations like becoming extremely successful at these things. Thankfully I have a supportive girl who doesn't roll her eyes at me, but encourages whatever impulse-passion-mood-swing I'm having at the current time.

You see, I have everything already, but yet unsatisfied.









No comments:

Post a Comment